Monday, March 3, 2008

Rocking Chairs

There are some days that I think my boys are far from normal. I guess that is pretty much every day, anyway. My boys could spend half the day in a rocking chair. I guess it keeps them out of my hair, but even this is far from quiet.

The first thing Caeden does when he gets up in the morning and up from a nap is run to a rocking chair. His rocking is not just the normal peaceful kind you think of. No, this is house shaking, chair moving, loud thumping rocking. For some reason it also involves tearing off all the cushions to the chairs. Having them on impedes the foothold and thus you can't rock satisfactorily is what I have surmised.

Even though it is far from soothing to anyone else in the house, or the neighborhood. It must still be soothing for Caeden. We were all dressed and ready to go out the door to school the other morning. On the way out Caeden had a complete meltdown. Why, because he had not rocked yet that morning.

3 comments:

Just Joey said...

Hey now, you didn't mention the singing in what you wrote. You have to evaluate the WHOLE experience. Your boys are just rockin' singers, that's all!

Lani said...

Now that is some pretty sweet rockin', me thinks.

Jessica said...

U know they wouldn't be showing off at all for the camera!